Area Manager, Vacation Rental
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Area Manager’s primary goal is to lead and directly develop a team of account managers who work to efficiently enable our Vrbo Property Managers to achieve their goals and enhance the traveler experience. They coach and train their team to conduct high-quality consultations with partners, using marketplace data to improve booking conversion and booking growth. Area Managers recruit, develop, and motivate experienced customer facing teams, and act as a liaison to senior leadership and other teams within Expedia Group on behalf of Partner Success Vacation Rental.
What you’ll do:
- Hold regular 1:1s with team members, assess performance, and provide feedback
- Facilitate training needed to continually enhance communication, persuasion, objection handling, and shared accountability with our partners
- Evaluate each team members' monthly/quarterly business plans to build, retain, and optimize vacation rental supply in targeted markets
- Ensure that all team members meet or exceed all activity standards
- Directly manage partner concerns and feedback, and help to resolve all issues with a strong sense of ownership and care
- Help prioritize and triage partner and traveler issues with the appropriate Support, Development, and Product teams necessary for resolution
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding partner performance, product feedback and insights, and any system or tool issues from our partners
- Partner with operational, administrative, and learning and development teams to improve day-to-day practices, strategic outreach, operational tools, and marketplace reporting for the account management team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in English
- 6+ years of Customer Success, Account Management, Client Services or B2B sales experience
- 3+ years of managing Account Management or Customer Success teams, with eCommerce or B2B products
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and Tableau
- Knowledge of the vacation rental and hospitality industry is a plus
- Communication: actively provide guidance to ensure the team listens effectively and can deliver strong messaging that resonates well with partners
- Relationship Management: lead with experience and exemplify how to positively manage all internal and external relationships
- Partner Advocacy: drive strategic, forward-looking initiatives that create positive outcomes for all by gathering and relaying valuable information between partners and internal teams
- Planning and Quality Delivery: set clear objectives, provide strategic guidance, present with excellence, and motivate and inspire team members to do the same
- Data Driven Leadership: understand data well enough to challenge it when monitoring team and portfolio performance; identify risks and marketplace opportunities for the team based on data analysis
- Expertise Development: successfully demonstrate and develop in-depth customer success expertise across the entire organization
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: translate changes and improvement opportunities into clear tasks; encourage innovation, use results and feedback to refine strategies and improve outcomes
- Collaborative Partnership: proactively identify, propose, and lead cross-team improvement programs and establish coalitions of support using strong business cases
- People Management: offer guidance and coaching where needed; actively support professional development; exemplify openness, transparency, and advocacy
#LI-SL2The total cash range for this position in Austin is $134,500.00 to $188,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $215,000.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.