Sr. Firmware Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
The Sr. Firmware Engineer provides technical excellence in developing firmware associated with high volume electronic products within the AMI industry. Contribute to the development of documentation and firmware deliverables from concept to production launch. Participate in product deployment and provide support in resolving customer technical support issues. Function as technical expert when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop firmware requirements, design, architecture and code for new products.
- Develop unit and integration test methods to ensure system meets requirements.
- Ensure designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g., FCC, FM, U/L, ANSI, etc.). Participate in verification testing required to allow listing with these agencies, where applicable.
- Participate in development and maintenance of structured firmware processes.
- Help establish and follow proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware.
- Analyze and resolve field problems by performing root cause analysis to determine effective preventive action.
- Support the work of other engineers on project teams.
- Contributor in technical and peer reviews of colleagues’ deliverables
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing C code for embedded systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing code in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications with semaphores, mutexs, watchdog timers, etc.
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces and I/O (SPI, UART, A/D D/A, I2C, etc.).
- Advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques.
- Working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking systems.
- Well versed in static source code analysis tools/methods.
- Competent user of Visio or other flowcharting tools.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g., FCC, FM, U/L, ANSI, etc.)
- Perform root cause analysis and determine effect preventive action(s).
- Ability to function in collaborative environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.