Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We're adding a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to our team!
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for developing continual product and process improvement techniques in the area of raw material refining, manufacturing and packaging for the products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and line management to the work cell crew, assisting in coordinating workloads, providing support, monitoring issues, ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met for the work cell.
- Aid in ensuring people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner, that team follows defined standard work procedures while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Reinforce and lead by example full adherence to 5’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices.
- Support work order closures and stock control transactions.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and resolving problems in work cell, keeping management fully communicated throughout the process.
- Be a committed participant in undertaking required continuous training and development, during the timeline expected and as required for the position.
- Assist management in routine performance, quality, safety, and attendance corrective actions with employees in your work cell.
- Required to communicate and maintain your work cell’s production metrics and information and at times communicate results to various levels of organization in both formal and informal settings.
- Assist in monitoring time and attendance and ensure compliance with policy.
- Assist in carrying out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Interface as required with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production.
- Leading by example is important in this role. This requires you to begin to develop and learn how to lead your team positively and build a culture of respect and teamwork for all.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience as Supervisor in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to learn and execute transactions in SAP
- Ability to participate and Lead in a team-orientated environment.
- 10-hour OSHA training required (company paid).
- Lean 101 training.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop leadership skills that bring teams together.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company!
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.