Field Service Technician - Reading, PA
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Perform depot repair, field service and technical support on standard and specialty systems to internal and external customers. This position will include telephone support, bench repair and field work with the ability to troubleshoot at the system and board level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide field service at domestic and international customer locations for standard equipment and low-complexity custom equipment.
- Perform new system start-up
- Perform low-complexity system troubleshooting
- Perform minor network configuration changes, troubleshooting
- Develop a working knowledge of all product lines relative to the local district/region, including low-complexity custom products. Develop an understanding of applications for these products as related to system design and support.
- Perform depot repairs on products relative to the local district/region.
- Become proficient in providing technical support for products relative to the local district/region, including products sold by GAI-Tronics that may be purchased from another manufacturer.
- Provide technical support, via telephone, to customers and sales representatives.
- Follow established and documented procedures for time accounting and customer invoicing.
Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in electronics or Networking or equivalent work/military training
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read color coded charts and work in an industrial environment
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
- Willing and able to travel, domestic and international
- Self -Starter with the ability to work independently and travel out of state/country 40% of the time
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.