Assistant Controller - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Assistant Controller will insure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls. Position will serve as a Partner to the Business Unit to lend support and contribute to Operating Profit objectives. Business has locations in Leeds, Alabama and Winsted, Connecticut.
This position would be great for someone who would like to be a part of a growing operation and who wants to continue to grow their own career in Accounting and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work side by side with Business Unit Management to develop improvement plans and make financially sound business decisions.
- Work with local and corporate leadership to develop the Annual Operating Plan and Profit Objectives for the Business.
- Analyze and prepare the monthly volume and profit forecasts.
- Lead monthly cost reviews with Plant Operations team.
- Participate in meetings with VP-GM/sales/business development leadership on a monthly/quarterly basis to review sales numbers and update forecast based on the input.
- Manage cycle counts and annual physical inventories and reconcile all differences.
- Manage 1 staff accounting position.
- Assure adherence to SOX and Hubbell Accounting practices.
- Work with Internal and External Auditors as required.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility over all company assets.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting; Masters Degree a plus
- 5+ years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Excel power user
- Ability to work hands-on within the business and communicate effectively up the chain of command.
- SAP experience a significant plus.
- Proficiency in OneStream would be helpful but not required
- Ability to travel on business related trips and ability to move to various locations within the Company
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.