Regional Utility Tool Specialist
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
200 Center Point Cir # 200
Columbia, SC 29210
Full time promotion of Burndy & Chance Tools and related products through product demonstrations, product application training, attending Live-Line Training schools, cooperative meetings, trade shows, IOUs, and calling on those functions within municipalities that specify Tools. Become the SME (Subject Matter Expert) resource for Burndy & Chance Tools for the HUS. Responsibility for supporting TMs and growing sales of targeted accounts by delivering customer presentations and demonstrations to achieve standards/specification approvals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable to drive customer engagement with input from Product Management, Marketing and Sales while maintaining a travel schedule with oversight from RVP.
- Promote Hubbell Utility solutions Burndy/Chance Tools to drive brand awareness and preference with end-user’s, cooperatives, municipalities, IOU’s, contractors, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide product training to HPS customers, distributors and sales representatives on the complete line of Burndy/Chance tools and related products and applications.
- Maintain a detailed travel schedule coordinating customer visits with territorial sales personnel.
- Assist in developing new product sales plans/promotions with Product Managers within the applicable regional market to support successful product introductions and increased product sales.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining competitive product and displacement strategies across the region, providing monthly report to Product Management and RVP detailing objective results.
- Attend trade shows, local lineman rodeos and industry (safety, standards, etc.) meetings as required and approved by RVP.
- Work closely with Business Unit product marketing and engineering to provide input and assistance in new product development plans.
- Attend statewide lineman training schools with the product trailer and tool samples, showing specific tool products application.
- Maintain a stocked trailer with tools, samples, and handout literature for sales promotions.
- Provide input on technical, competitive and customer requirements to the appropriate Product Manager.
- Keep informed of applicable state and federal safety regulations communicating the impact on our product offering/application.
- Represent the Chance/Burndy brand and HUS always in a professional manner, both on and off the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Mobility required for domestic travel.
- Ability to demonstrate tool related products, including, but not limited to, lifting (up to 75 pounds), walking, and the general dexterity required to use hand tools.
- Willingness to travel extensively (65-75% regional travel)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school required.
- Journeyman lineman and/or utility experience preferred.
- Minimum three to five years selling tools to the construction and/or utility trade.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to deliver high-level technical presentations.
- Strong practical problem-solving acumen.
- Must have Microsoft Office, Salesforce, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Needs to be able to develop and maintain a travel schedule.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.