Sr Machinist/Model Maker
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Senior Machinist/Model Maker will support Manufacturing and Engineering and will be responsible for designing, fabricating and repairing production jigs & fixtures as well as custom machining of precision prototype components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Balance of workload to support manufacturing and engineering. Design, build and validate jigs and fixtures as well as working with engineering to implement and fabricate new prototype machined components.
- Proficient and experienced with the set-up, safe operation and day-to-day maintenance of manual mills, lathes and surface grinding equipment.
- Reads and understands blueprints as required to create and build new fixtures, tools, and machined components.
- Operation of machining equipment as required, to ensure a quality product is produced within specifications.
- Uses tools to build fixtures; creates and constructs new fixtures.
- Repairs tools when needed; disassembles jigs, tools, and fixtures, then reassembles when repaired.
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software. Ability to use CAD software to create designs and/or turn designs into blueprints is a plus.
- Inspects completed tools for signs of imperfection or damage that may affect functionality.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of machining and tooling needed to work with: tool steels, aluminum, Delrin and various other construction materials.
- Working understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Ability to use basic measurement gages and inspection equipment to validate machining accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with engineers and machinists.
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- On-the job training available.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.