Operations Specialist - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring an Operations Associate to our growing team! Are you a Process or Industrial Engineer who has a strong desire to get into Manufacturing -- then we have an exciting opportunity to share with you!
The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting Operations Manager in overseeing the full operations of the business and responsible for learning all functional areas necessary to operate and manage the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in directing and coordinating activities of production, warehousing, inventory management, shipping, lean and safety to facilitate a timely and accurate on time delivery.
- Assists Operations Management to ensure that company quality objectives are being met on a consistent basis.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and associated equipment.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place and followed to hold employees accountable, helping minimize the negative impact on production.
- Assist in the preparation and management of operational and capital budgets, as well as updating forecasts; prepare periodic reports and presentations regarding the status of operations.
- Analyze equipment use and plant processes for efficiency, initiate recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with streamlining operations through process flow mapping, time in motion studies, risk assessments, and other continuous improvement functions are updated and in line with current metrics
- Learn all aspects of staff management – hiring, performance management, staff development, rostering etc.
- Learn OSHA and Safety regulations – assisting with executing plant safety goals and help strategic planning annually.
- Analyze, create and develop data excel spreadsheets for operations reporting.
- Assist with management of all functional areas includes safety, quality control, budget/cost controls, regulatory requirements, people management, transport and logistics, maintenance programs, customer satisfaction, facility management, equipment utilization, and performance.
- Provide advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on operations initiatives and necessary changes.
- Assist with planning of daily production needs/capacity planning.
- Complete all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Manufacturing Operations; Manufacturing management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; Industrial Engineering focus preferred.
- Knowledge of Financial Management.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Proficiency in Excel along with all other computer skills is needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both on plant floor and in executive office.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to drive change and is motivated to exceed expectations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish & English) preferred.
- Big ERP experience a plus; SAP preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!