Director Customer Service - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Director of Customer Service leads a customer-focused team whose mission is order management, seamless issue resolution and focus on total customer satisfaction. The mission of this role is to develop a world class customer service team based on best practices (based on external benchmarks), robust processes and impeccable order fulfillment records. Ultimately, maximizing customer satisfaction in the most important objective of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads customer services strategy and drives a culture of constant improvement.
- Focuses team on performance achieve the highest of customer satisfaction.
- A key team player in the business unit leadership team with Sales, Operations and Marketing leadership on strategic improvement.
- Establishes a key process indicators/metric: framework and uses it to consistently ensure accountability.
- Improve the automation level of the order intake process.
- Standardize employee skill set training.
- Serve as a liaison to operations on customer issues.
- Work with Sales team to ensure all customers have accurate & timely information.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successful, this customer service leader is likely to have risen through the ranks, gaining qualifications as well as front-line experience in a manufacturing operations environment in addition to customer service.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in a business-related subject is desirable.
- Certification and membership of a professional institute such as the Customer Service Institute of America would be a plus.
- Leadership skills to inspire and always encourage staff to continue providing the highest standards of service.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in service and support related roles.
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute multiple priorities using resources effectively and tailoring approach to meet efficient objective attainment.
- Skills in developing and managing proper metrics are required to properly monitor performance.
- Exceptional interpersonal & written communications skills.
- SAP HANA knowledge is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.