Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Killark is a leading manufacturer of electrical construction products for standard, harsh and hazardous environments. We have over 90 years of extensive experience in producing conduit raceway fittings, junction boxes, enclosures, lighting fixtures, plugs & receptacles, distribution equipment and standard and custom controls.
2112 Fenton Logistics Park Boulevard
Fenton MO, 63026
This position is highly exposed and will be accountable for product engineering and support. The Primary responsibility does include activities like complete engineering design solutions, providing technical support service and handling complete projects related to new product development, product modification and enhancements. The individual will coordinate the fabrication of their prototypes; work closely with our in house testing lab and third party certification engineers, Manufacturing Engineering and the Operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, conduct research, development and design for new products to meet our customer various needs.
- Maintain high technical familiarity and understanding for existing and newly introduced products available within the marketplace (offered both from the company & competition).
- Research, design and development of new products as well as enhancements to existing products using solid modeling software, analysis software that satisfies the Commercial Specification generated by Marketing within the target cost and established timetable
- Conducts initial Engineering feasibility analysis, develop layouts, rapid prototype and testing
- Responsible for keeping all records, documents, drawings on project files in Engineering
- Performs Engineering release on assigned projects
- Performs Product Engineering maintenance on existing product line as assigned
- Ability to start up development initiatives, define work scope, breakdown and complete product development project within a timely basis (gates-approval management).
Skills and Experience
- Functional Excellence
- Integrity & Ethics
- Results Driven/initiative
- Professional Maturity
- Establishes Priorities
- Builds Talent
- Team Leadership
Intern Area of Study
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.