Field Service Technician - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The Field Service Technician supports the Business Unit and Sales by providing technical support efforts in installation, production, promoting, and selling products. Will interact directly with customers in the field to provide support. Work as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer jobsites and be the technical specialist on the installation of Business Unit products.
- Ensure accurate assembly and operation of switches, motors, TECORupters and other components.
- Work with the Product Groups to provide product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations to Territory Managers, agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when required.
- Provide training and select technical information to Territory Managers, Agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers for product specifications and applications.
- Assist with resolving customer issues, debit/credit requests, evaluate damaged products, etc.
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide application-specific product recommendations to customers
- Influence customer specifications
- Provide troubleshooting of current product in service through telecommunication or onsite visits
- Provide competitive information to internal departments and outside sales force as the need arises
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred
- Experience working with utility-grade switches or circuit breakers preferred
- Experience supporting utility customers and partners preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel on business related trips (up to 70%), which could include some nights and weekends; occasional international travel may be required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.