Product Owner - Herndon, VA
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
Aclara’s Grid Monitoring platform utilities can detect faults with real-time information and continuously monitor power quality across all three phases of their medium voltage distribution network. With this actionable data, utilities can boost the reliability, efficiency and power quality across their distribution system. Aclara is helping utilities solve the real-world challenges and improve the reliability of the distribution grid. by provide fault information to quickly dispatch crews and monitor load or getting accurate measurements to improve efficiency.
13650 Dulles Technology Dr, Herndon, VA 20171
Partner with and work with the Product Management Team to determine functionality that should be planned and developed for the software product(s). Throughout the process the Product Owner will work with the team regarding release planning, priority, business value, and functionality. The Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the product.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Product Management team to develop a Roadmap for the applications, functions, and products.
- Establish business domain knowledge to the team and represent the customer’s needs.
- Work in partnership with product management to define the product offering. Serve as a bridge between product management and the product development team.
- Articulate epics and features. Actively work with the team in decomposing epics/features into user stories that are granular enough for the team to estimate and work.
- Work with the team in grooming product backlog user stories.
- Prioritize the product backlog according to business value/ROI during sprint planning.
- Participate in daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective.
- Create and issue software Release Notes.
- Evangelize and communicate product capabilities and roadmap to internal groups as well as externally to clients.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with progressively responsible software, hardware/embedded software product management or software development work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing software applications and functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Product owner experience or management/supervisor experience managing the development of products.
- Direct experience with electric, gas, water utility metering systems and operations.
- Strong understanding of a software development technologies
- Strong understanding of database principles
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.