Product Manager - Sensing & Control
Location: Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
The role of Product Manager, Sensing & Control is responsible for all aspects of product management for the smart communicating sensing and control product line including developing product strategies and roadmaps, leading New Product Introductions (NPIs), product pricing, promotion, and meeting aggressive growth goals for the business and helping customers with their smart sensing needs.
This role will be responsible for identifying and understanding the unique needs of each customer and customer segment in the electric vertical, while driving standardization across the Aclara smart sensing product platform. Providing support for all communicating AMI hardware product lines, incorporating sensors and next generation network devices into the platform, sensing conditions on the grid while supporting edge computing, visualization and reporting, for Utility Automation, Distribution Automation and grid sensing/control products. This role will also be responsible for helping define the short term and long term product strategies and identify synergies across the sensing and communications product portfolio to support the needs of electric utilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership and expertise with electric utility sensing, control and software products in the AMI, space.
- Develop marketing/product requirements documents, defining the form fit and function of new sensing and control products and solutions.
- Develop product collateral to support marketing and sales with valuable webinars, white papers, and speaking engagements.
- Deliver and execute an annual budget for the electric AMI & sensing P&L.
- Deliver and maintain a short-term and long-term product roadmap
- Develop a 5-year strategic vision for the electric sensing and control product line.
- Act as an expert with respect to the overall market, solution, and each product’s capabilities.
- Provide training and support for Aclara’s customer facing departments such as account management, field service, sales, and other internal subject matter experts.
- Act as a cross functional leader within the company creating and promoting the vision and strategy for the smart communicating sensing and control product line.
- Coordinate efforts, motivate internal multi-functional teams, and manage priorities & concerns of all stakeholders.
- Create a business case with financial analysis for new products, including projected ROI (Return on Investment).
- Set and manage pricing models to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with Sales, Finance, Operations, and Account Management to deliver monthly revenue projections and demand forecasts.
- Perform market research and monitor the competitive landscape/products support strategic and tactical business planning.
- Work with internal and external third parties to assess partnerships and opportunities that can accelerate the growth of the business.
- Manage the overall product life cycle from ideation to end-of-life.
- Perform product demos to customers and provide support to the sales and distribution as needed.
- Support the Aclara sales teams and channel partners with presentations, training, demonstrations, and other materials as needed.
- Provide support for the development of proposal responses.
- Active participant in industry events and trade shows
- Attend sales meetings with customers and distributors to highlight solution value and perform system demonstrations functional capability of the sensing and control products.
- Assist in developing corporate presentations and documentation (brochures, user guides, press releases) to ensure consistent messaging.
- Assist in the development of training materials needed to train on the sales, use and operation of the communicating sensing and control product line.
- Development of product launch, rollout and end-of-life plans
- Support Aclara’s regulatory and compliance efforts.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field (electronics, communications, software) with demonstrated success defining technical products.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working on and with cross-functional teams (PMO, engineering, operations, supply chain, quality sales, and customers)
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal reporting authority.
- Experience performing market research and collecting competitive information.
- Experience developing and monitoring a product roadmap.
- Provide product support to our enhanced utility services team
- Experience developing and prioritizing product feature sets and enhancements
- MBA or master’s degree in a technical field.
- Experience with network communications technologies (i.e., RF wireless, cellular, powerline) and end-user software/database products.
- Direct experience working with electric utilities
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following is a significant plus: Electric Utility Smart Grids, Internet of Things, Telecommunications Carrier Infrastructure, Utility Advance Metering Infrastructure.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.