HR Reporting and Analytics Manager
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
In the HR Reporting and Analytics Manager role, you will be responsible for developing and executing an advanced HR analytics strategy, curating stakeholder relationships, and helping to deliver operational efficiencies. You will partner across business teams to help assess, shape, prioritize, and resource advanced HR analytics and reporting projects, ensuring Hubbell is leveraging data assets to the fullest. You will be recognized and engaged as a subject matter expert in Employee data reporting and analytics using Hubbell’s HRIS, SuccessFactors. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data/modeling, a deep understanding of HR metrics and analytics, and the ability to effectively communicate insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Hubbell’s data analytics & reporting program roadmap and/or streamline current processes to identify opportunities for using data and analytics to drive HR initiatives
- Build, develop, and maintain repeatable, accurate, and credible metrics, dashboards, and reports, which will often require leading cross-functional efforts to build alignment and standardize definitions for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), target goals, and how KPIs will be calculated, tracked, and visualized.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define goals, objectives and scope to create and execute project plans regarding Human Resources data within a matrixed organization
- Develop long-term strategies for data management to establish, own, and keep data standards evergreen.
- Identify and implement improvements that optimize the intake, requirements gathering, data validation, data analysis, and output design processes. Recommend continuous improvement enhancements to the overall system to ensure the highest level of service and support.
- Support the reporting assignment and appropriate security assignments for cyclical business processes such as Open Enrollment, Performance Management cycles, Compensation Planning, and all other ongoing programs and perform ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Deliver governmental required reports as well as requested ad hoc reports from the business leaders/users
- Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business. Partner with leadership council to prioritize and support the development and implementation of projects and enterprise solutions using HR data.
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Develop self-sufficiency in end users through effective training, troubleshooting and user adoption education.
- Help shape Hubbell’s analytics strategy for HR by staying current on industry trends/best practices in people analytics and HR data science.
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed and other duties assigned.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, Information Systems, Data Science, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, data science, or business intelligence – Experience in people analytics preferred
- Ability to solicit and receive feedback regarding projects and initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others without a direct reporting relationship
- Experience with SuccessFactors or equivalent HRIS required
- Experience using PowerBI or other enterprise BI/reporting tools preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills required and HR functional experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Demonstrated skill in attention to detail and accuracy with data
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively irrespective of complexity level
- Self-starter with proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.