Director, Additive Manufacturing Technology
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Austin, Texas, Avon, Connecticut, Belmont, New Hampshire, Centralia, Missouri, Christiansburg, Virginia, Columbia, South Carolina, Cromwell, Connecticut, Fenton, Missouri, Greenville, South Carolina, Huntington, Leeds, Alabama, Manchester, New Hampshire, Reading, Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, Somersworth, New Hampshire, St. Louis, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Additive Manufacturing Director is a new position for Hubbell and will push our business into the rapidly evolving additive manufacturing (“AM”) technology space. Hubbell is a market leader in the electrical solution industry, and is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. We plan to leverage our deep knowledge of the electrical solutions space to transform the way that we design and produce our products using additive manufacturing.
This position is responsible for understanding the market needs and value of AM, articulating the solutions, and collaborating with business leaders across the enterprise to drive Hubbell's adoption in the AM space.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the center of excellence for AM technology and serve as the Hubbell coordinator for cross-enterprise AM development and adoption.
- Lead market activities with respect to all AM technology and partnership offerings.
- Understand the emerging and rapidly evolving AM technology landscape and ecosystem.
- Develop and lead Hubbell’s ecosystem of partnerships related to AM contract and equipment manufacturers, materials suppliers, consultants, technology and design partners, software and tools vendors, and academic or research institutions.
- Gather market intelligence and data to serve as the internal Hubbell expert on AM-related matters.
- Identify specific AM usage cases, technology solutions, and business cases to spur AM adoption and generate value.
- Coordinate co-learning, co-development, and AM pilot programs with key business leaders, partners and customers.
Skills and Experience
- 10 years in products or services related to manufacturing and operations.
- 5 years in products or services specifically related additive manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or manufacturing.
- Deep expert knowledge and experience with additive manufacturing.
- Understands relationship between AM and broader business performance and value drivers.
- Program management skills (for coordinating adoption programs, technology implementation, and ecosystem partners).
- Marketing experience (to understand market needs, analyze market sizes, and articulate business cases).
- Experience with manufacturing engineering or operations (to facilitate effective interaction with business and operations leaders).
- Strong communication skills (to facilitate organizational learning, and to articulate AM value).
- Strong collaboration skills (for managing opportunities and projects that span across Hubbell business units).
- Works well independently, under broad direction and is a self-starter.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.