Manager, Data Science & Insights - Greenville, SC (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Greenville SC, Shelton, CT, or other Hubbell location. Hubbell currently supports a Hybrid work schedule.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Data Science & Insights Manager to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for leading a small team that analyzes large and complex data sets, develops & deploys predictive models, and creates actionable insights that will drive business decisions. This position will focus on leading projects with a hands-on approach and be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data and insights delivered to organizational partners. You will be expected to evaluate and leverage emerging technologies to generate improved value from data and help us stay ahead of the competition.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly lead and coordinate across teams to drive project completion and value delivery.
- Recommend and integrate toolsets from vendors to provide seamless enterprise solutions, especially around emerging AI technologies and potential applications.
- Be a thought leader and strategist when it comes to emerging AI technologies and how to integrate these technologies into the Hubbell ecosystem to drive added value.
- Lead project planning and resourcing activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan.
- Lead collaboration between analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Design and implement data science workflows and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data analysis.
- Use statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to develop predictive models and the resulting output that drives business value.
- Ability to translate and convey results to stakeholders and deliver reporting and analysis with MS Power Bi, where required.
- Support Data Management & Analytics team through critical IT and organizational initiatives and transitions.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years successfully managing and mentoring direct and/or third-party staff.
- 5+ year of experience with SAP S4HANA.
- 5+ years of experience across Azure application stack (ADLS, Synapse DW, Azure ML, Azure DevOps, Azure Databricks, etc.).
- Ability to analyze different tools and technologies to determine best solutions for integration from an enterprise perspective.
- Proficiency with Python, PySpark, SQL languages.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Power Platform & Power Bi (M, DAX languages).
- Understanding of data modeling and optimization techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and enable change.
- Ability to independently identify, qualify, and socialize opportunities that take advantage of emerging technologies and their application at Hubbell.
- Leverage third party partners to support the research and development of new AI applications.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.