Infrastructure Strategic Initiatives Leader
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a hybrid position based out of our Greenville (SC), Shelton (CT) or St. Louis (MO) office.
The IT Infrastructure Strategic Initiatives Leader reports directly to the VP, IT Infrastructure and is responsible for effective and efficient delivery of strategic infrastructure programs and operational solutions in support of the Hubbell enterprise. The Strategic Initiatives Leader is responsible for understanding the current and future needs of the organization in order to help formulate and execute plans to move the business forward. In this role, you will align IT infrastructure initiatives with business goals and objectives and ensure the highest level of performance, scalability, reliability, and security of the company's IT infrastructure. Additionally, the Strategic Initiatives Leader will have responsibility for leading a team tasked with supporting cross-tower infrastructure projects and operational activities in the areas of cybersecurity (iSecOps), IT infrastructure automation, finance (budget & procurement), and other high priority initiatives to modernize, optimize, control, and improve IT infrastructure within our business globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives in support of the company's IT infrastructure.
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve user experience & productivity, operational efficiency, performance, availability, scalability, reliability, and security of Hubbell’s IT infrastructure globally.
- Provide leadership, partnership, and guidance to IT infrastructure team members in all towers.
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies related to IT infrastructure and services.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and vendors.
- Participate in vendor selection and management processes.
- Act as a thought leader; leverage technology trends and industry best practices to drive innovation, speed of deployments, and cost effectiveness of Hubbell’s IT Infrastructure.
- Develop, enhance, and implement infrastructure solutions that improve Hubbell’s ease of doing business and simplicity to provide customers with a superior experience, delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a customer focused team; establish a culture that embraces responsibility and accountability, values teamwork, encourages diversity, and delivers performance-based outcomes.
- Infrastructure Budget Management: Develop, manage, and own IT infrastructure budgeting and resource allocation. Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual budget adherence. Setup operational rigor required to stay in control and ensure accurate reporting for required budget deliverables.
- IT Procurement Services: Provide oversight and guidance for IT Procurement team. Ensure service levels are being maintained and as well as positive user experience.
- Infrastructure Security Operations (iSecOps): Own and manage IT infrastructure vulnerability remediation activities across the enterprise. Track remediation efforts to completion. Contribute to the team’s strategy to manage threats, vulnerabilities, and our organization’s security profile. Manage a team of resources tasked with continuous service improvement (CSI) and cybersecurity risk reduction.
- Infrastructure Automation: Provide thought leadership, project execution, and operational excellence in the area of IT infrastructure automation across all towers. Push for full entitlement of automation tooling in the end user services and hosting and cloud services towers. Strive for environment control, compliance, and productivity.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Serve as infrastructure POC/SME for all M&A activities. Coordinate resourcing, effort levels, and high-level execution plans.
- Infrastructure Training & Development: Work with Infrastructure leader to design, develop, document, and enable customer training plans for all team members for continued career growth and development.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in IT infrastructure, with at least 5 years in a management or leadership position.
- Broad experience in managing IT infrastructure solutions in a large complex organization, including but not limited to servers, storage, networks, and client PCs.
- Demonstrated experience instituting and utilizing ITIL practices (Incident, Service Request, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration (CMDB), and Availability, Asset & Capacity management) to deliver and manage quality IT services.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, preferably in a global team.
- Proven track record of successful project execution and overall program management.
- Proven experience in all areas of IT infrastructure: End User Services, Hosting & Cloud Services, Network and Voice, and IT Service Management.
- Significant experience establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with IT teams and functional business teams.
- Proven performance as an information technology leader in a complex, fast paced global organization, where IT transformation efforts were successfully delivered which improved IT performance, reliability, and security.
- Solid experience as a change leader, preferably with experience instituting new, global processes and tools.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills that have been leveraged to drive change and successfully deliver significant IT programs. Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical audiences, to convey complex IT information in a clear and concise fashion.
- A delivery focused leader who has demonstrated the ability to establish technical direction, collaborate across global teams and drive action through influence to deliver critical infrastructure projects/programs while ensuring continuous operation.
- Previous experience establishing internal continuous improvement activities to drive efficiencies, manage/reduce costs, and improve service. Experience leveraging shared IT services, internal or external, to drive cost effective service delivery and support.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (regional and global travel)
- Project Management certification or demonstrated experience required.
- ITIL Foundation v4 certification required.
- Proven IT infrastructure technical certifications preferred (Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, etc.)
- Financial Operations (FinOps) certification a plus.
- Demonstrated system administration experience in a global environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articular complex information to IT peers, business teams, and end users.
- Pragmatic approach to solving IT infrastructure problems.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Committed and flexible team player.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.