Sr. Associate, Trade Shows and Events (Hybrid)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Sr. Associate, Trade Shows and Events supports Hubbell’s marketing event strategy through participation in trade shows, attendance at local events, and/or planning and hosting our own industry events. The Sr Associate participates in the planning and attendance at trade shows and events. They support the development and implementation of the trade show/event plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and executing events successfully
- Contribute to scoping events (e.g., time, location, program, cost)
- Monitor event activities to ensure satisfaction of attendees and the organization
- Review and manage event billings
- Interact with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and strategies. Provide guidance on event management solutions and systems; and convention marketing techniques that will maximize the marketing messages, drive return on objectives, and realize cost savings.
- Travel frequently – up to 50% - 60% percent of the time will be spent traveling to various events
- Support marketing influenced pipeline and generate Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) through onsite activations and support of the sales team
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using CRM, email marketing, project management, and similar systems
- Build relationships with prospective and existing Hubbell customers at events and prospects on a one-to-one basis
- Work with in-house designers and outside agencies when necessary to ensure event display enhances the Hubbell brand
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business or related discipline
- 3+ years of related marketing experience, ideally in trade show and event marketing, demand generation, or sales enablement
- Proven experience carrying out event marketing efforts, including trade show planning, attendance, and reporting
- Thorough understanding of experiential marketing tools, techniques, and technologies
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and onsite personnel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Metric driven with the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Confident with a dynamic personality
- Capable of standing comfortably for up to eight hours a day, working long hours, and traveling frequently
- The ability to work with little to no supervision in delivering high quality work and capable of effectively collaborating with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Excellent listening, negotiation, project management and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.