Lean Specialist - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, NH 03251
Responsible for implementing and sustaining Lean Initiatives, Leading/Serving as a Mentor for Kaizen Events and Process Improvement throughout the Lincoln facility. Strong focus placed on order/material flow. Serve a key role in helping develop a world class Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement culture. This includes training employees on Lean tools, planning and coordination/leading of Kaizen events, monitoring performance vs. improvement targets, sustaining changes made during events and execution of continuous improvement projects
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize and coordinate Kaizen activities, including the planning and execution of Kaizen events/teams.
2. Assist in the collection and preparation of proper prerequisite data for each Kaizen event.
3. Follow-up on Kaizen events to ensure 30-day and Parking Lot follow-up items are completed as scheduled.
4. Monitor and report on 90-day sustainment of Kaizen event improvements.
5. Train employees on Continuous Improvement techniques as needed to assure complete familiarity and ease of use. This includes Principles of Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six-Sigma, Takt Time, Standard Work, 5S, Standard Work Cell Layout, Value Stream Mapping and other Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement techniques.
6. Perform the role of Facilitator, Team Leader or Team Member on Kaizen events, and facilitate event training on the first day of events.
7. Contribute to and promote Continuous Improvement/Kaizen activities throughout the plant.
- including methods, tools, roadmap systems, elaboration, and deployment
- apply Lean principles to the capital expenditure (CAPEX) process, including scoping, defining, selecting, implementing and validating new capital investments.
8. Actively pursue avenues for reducing wastes.
9. Implement and monitor sustainable visual management programs throughout the plant, including 5S, schedule adherence, and other shop floor reporting.
10. Lead Planning and Review (P&R) sessions to develop Kaizen event schedules based on business goals, needs and risks. Also lead monthly Kaizen Steering Committee meetings with senior staff.
11. Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
12. Coordinate and collaborate with other Lean personnel across the business unit, group and enterprise.
13. Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Having experience in a Lean environment and awareness of Lean tools is a plus.
- Ability and desire to spend most of work time on the factory floor being a convincing, persistent, trainer and communicator is mandatory. Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Lean Six-Sigma training is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.