Tooling Service Manager - Littleton, NH
Location: Littleton, New Hampshire, Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
BURNDY® is a global organization known for their pioneering work in the manufacture of electrical connectors, fittings, and tools for the Renewable, Data Center, Utility, Telecom and contractor markets. As a US-based company, we take pride in our exceptional customer service, the industry’s highest quality products and our ability to develop new innovative products to serve the needs of our markets. At Burndy, we continue to invest in our business providing the foundation for continued profitable growth while providing a desirable employee culture for future development and opportunity advancements.
Position can be located either Littleton, NH or Manchester, NH
The Tooling Service Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Tool Service Department including managing all department personnel, warranty/return/repair process, Authorized Repair Centers (ARC) and inventory management and service levels.
This position requires a detail-oriented service manager with the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, while managing the service team members. Additionally, attention to quality, workmanship and training will over-arching responsibilities of the Tool Service Manager in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all tool repair personnel are well-trained and follow strict process controls and documentation for establishing and tracking “reason for return”.
- Actively participate in all strategic PLBT meetings including Staff, Demand Forecast and Strategic planning meetings.
- Actively communicate with manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, quality and/or product management personnel with respect to critical failures tied to workmanship, design, component failure, etc. to ensure a proper and timely customer response.
- Joint ownership of the Tool Service financial responsibility for revenue, margin, and inventory DIOH.
- Actively manage and adjust warranty processes and policy’s, benchmarking and adapting to industry best practices.
- Perform administrative tasks, typically monthly, including reporting service levels, productivity, tool failure mode(s), inventory levels and revenue/margin.
- Make semi-annual visits to all Authorized Service Centers (ARC) to ensure compliance to our established expectations for training, customer service, inventory and documentation.
- Set pricing structure for repairs and spare parts both internally and for our ARC’s.
- Review/Analyze all repairs while effectively communicating results with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Management for issues tied to workmanship, design, tooling, etc.
- Actively contribute to new product development initiatives to ensure minimal servicing
- Develop an updated online Tool Return Process for customers to facilitate delays and enable an “easy to do business with” mentality for Burndy Tool Service and Repair.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university; and four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Experience managing a customer service and/or repair service team preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.