Quality Inspector - Weekend shift
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Primary responsibility is to approve incoming materials, in-process production, first articles, and maintain compliance to ISO 9001 through process audits and by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production Leads and Supervisor. The quality inspector will assist in the improvement and implementation of Quality Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs first article, in process, final inspection and testing.
- Conducts process audits.
- Updates and maintain training matrix and training files
- Researches and updates all current employees training history to ensure they are current with revision procedures.
- Trains employees on the quality policies, visual acceptability, measurement processes and process procedures as required.
- Performs product and component tests.
- Identifies and generates opportunities for process improvement.
- Participates in the internal audit process.
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- When reliable, dependable performance requires reliable and dependable attendance, an employer can insist all employees, including those with disabilities, meet attendance requirements.
- Overtime, as needed could be mandatory.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient with measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, height gauges, paint mils tester, surface finish gauges, gauge blocks, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- File correspondence and other records according to the company file plans.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, engineering drawings, bill of materials, test reports, correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information and work with managers, individual salespeople, customers and factory floor/support personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.