Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Manager - Corona, CA
Location: Corona, California
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
We are hiring a Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Manager to our winning team!
The primary role of the Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Manager is to provide overall leadership and direction to the plant and equipment reliability function. This position is responsible to the Plant Manager and Sr Manufacturing Engineering Manager for the safe, effective, and efficient use of all manpower, materials, parts, and other resources under their control. In addition, be measured on the improvement and sustainment of overall OEE through the use of capacity assessments, asset reliability audits, sustainment plans and proliferation of digital equipment management tools.
Under minimal direction, the Maintenance and Reliability Manager is responsible for defining, implementing, and managing the plant systems, maintenance organization structure, and processes necessary to achieve and sustain the reliability mission. Through their efforts, a proactive culture which fosters open communication and trust that values reliability, efficiency, and effective life cycle asset management is achieved.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $98,000 - $115,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
Identification, justification, and implementation of capital improvement requests for maintenance projects (AFE’s)
- Management of Maintenance budget including spares, services, and large facilities projects
- Assess/audit manufacturing equipment to identify improvements and failure modes
- Develop action plans and communicate improvements we can make to manufacturing equipment
- Assist, coach and train maintenance team in trouble shooting techniques and best practices
- Manage equipment projects through the full equipment lifecycle
- Write machine specific preventative maintenance plans, setup instructions and operator PM’s
- Work to minimize unplanned downtime and track OEE, measure of success
- Communicate clearly and effectively project status, task owners and facilities improvements
- Conduct and/or oversee validations on new equipment
- Work with outside vendors to source new equipment to improve operations
- Review outside sources to find new technologies that can be deployed in our factories
- Digitize maintenance work flows, information and activities as much as feasible
- Identify gaps in knowledge in maintenance workforce and develop plan to bridge those gaps
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees. Cross functional involvement including quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanically inclined, systems/process orientated and technology focused
- Working knowledge of machine control systems (i.e. PLC, NC Controls and Robotic Systems)
- Basic Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes (i.e. Welding, Machining, Forming, and Coating)
- Advanced trouble shooting and critical thinking skills
- CAD Software proficiency – Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor
- Clear and direct writing and communication skills
- Basic project management and prioritization skills
- Hands on experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Preferred but not required – Mechanical based hobbies/interests outside of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, from an accredited University
- 10 years experience in manufacturing environment & 5 years of proven Maintenance/Manufacturing/Engineering management experience
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment, trouble shooting and Manufacturing Operations.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.