Training & Development Supervisor - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Training Development Supervisor’s responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Training Supervisors are responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programs. They participate in meetings with the Plant Manager and Department Managers to determine current skill needs or company training for employees. Training Development Supervisors continue working on training manuals, researching beneficial training programs, and reviewing employee performance data to determine the progress of past training initiatives. Their work will assist with various functions assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, create and coordinate and conduct training schedules for all company departments, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the company.
- Track new hires on company policies and procedures and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
- Gather and evaluate information from employees and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
- Recruit and train new Trainers, delegate training tasks to the new Trainers and evaluate performance.
- Inform employees on scheduled training and track their progress.
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities and manage the budget set for training.
- Design and develop interactive training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training, compliance training, etc.
- Select the best training methods or activities for a particular purpose and audience (e.g. reviewing mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.).
- Responsible for partnering with EHS to ensure that all Safety Training Requirements are met and tracking completion to achieve 100% compliance.
- Create database/matrix to capture all employees’ current capabilities, training completion, skills assessment, etc...
- Work with all plants in the BU to standardize documents, training materials, approach, metrics, etc...
- Report to plant/senior management monthly on progress, deficiencies, current and future needs.
Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Innovative and seeking newest technologies to further the program
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.