Maintenance Scheduler - Corona, CA
Location: Corona, California
Job Type: Not Specified
A Maintenance Scheduler is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all Hubbell employees and that all necessary repairs/replacements are done in timely manner by organizing, updating, critical maintenance information, work orders, & schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages work through a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) or other work order system.
- Reviews all planned work from assigned area and determines validity and accuracy of information and engages the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority.
- Obtains and organizes all information required for the work being performed. (i.e. drawings, vendor manuals, supplemental materials, special procedures, diagrams, etc.).
- Maintains and monitors a weekly schedule for all WOs.
- Reviews, corrects, and confirms all CMMS or other work order system data.
- Prepares requisitions in the CMMS or other work order system to ensure materials, parts, labor and other charges are allocated to the appropriate work order.
- Verifies all material, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Keeps maintenance shop clean and organized.
- Manages spare part inventory
- Coordinates maintenance needs with operations/production to minimize downtime.
- Track maintenance performance measures and trends and produce reports thereof.
- Communicate with outside vendors. Schedule work from outside vendors. Follow-up on open action items from outside vendors.
- Schedule all service calls and follow-up on completion of service including: vendor PM’s, forklift maintenance, building maintenance, hazardous material disposal, and others.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years experience in general electrical, mechanical, and/or auto maintenance
- Two (2) years experience with maintenance software work orders.
- Must have and/or be able to obtain fork truck certification.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard industrial tools needed to maintenance all types of equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic prints and schematics.
English. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment, fixtures, and codes.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Comfortable with all Microsoft Office Apps including: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to organize and managage Outlook Calendar.
- Experience using databases to search for and/or update data.
- SAP experience a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.