Distribution Center Training Coordinator - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
Perform job orientation for all new employees. Core responsibilities will be centered on developing new employees’ skills in equipment operation, distribution center activities, such as picking and put away, and supporting DC Management in evaluation of new employees. This position requires a strong aptitude for instruction and coaching of new employees, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills. This position requires a self managed and well organized person with a desire to develop people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee introduction to DC Safety rules, practices and procedures.
- Instruct employees through video and classroom presentation the safe operation of powered industrial equipment (reach trucks, fork lifts, turret trucks, etc.)
- Test employees’ proficiency via written and practical tests.
- Orient employees to the physical layout of the facility and understanding of DC terminology.
- Familiarize employees with product nomenclature and packaging.
- Instruct new operators in SAP transactions.
- Demonstrate all processes and procedures for warehouse activities.
- Promote continuous improvement and growth through cross-training employees.
- Through observation/audits, evaluate all warehouse employees as to their proficiency and understanding in performing warehouse tasks.
- Coordinate and Lead DC Lean projects.
- Support Management in implementation of new processes and procedures.
Skills and Experience
Must be able to quickly evaluate whether individuals have the aptitude for performing warehouse tasks in a safe and quality manner.
Working knowledge of the distribution industry including industrial equipment operation, picking, packing, and receiving put-away methodologies. Should possess very strong ability to develop training materials, job aids, or the like, and present them clearly to the general workforce. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or comparable job experience.
- A minimum of (2) years of distribution experience is preferred in the areas of training, employee development management, and Lean processes.
- Computer skills including:
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel 2007 or newer version, such as creating graphs and charts.
- Intermediate skills in MS Word 2007 or newer version, such as using tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar.
- Intermediate skills in MS Power Point 2007 or newer version such as working with templates, using multimedia objects and custom animations, adding interactions, and publishing completed presentations.
- Ideal candidate will have two or more years of user experience in SAP
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.