Warehouse Supervisor - Jefferson, GA
Location: Jefferson, Georgia
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
350 Logistics Center Parkway
Jefferson, GA 30549
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for directing the daily activities of the Distribution Center including labor scheduling, supervision, and proper utilization of space, equipment and manpower. Key responsibilities include: staffing, training, operations, inventory management, maintenance of the facility and equipment, implementation of safety, security, housekeeping and sanitation programs, budgeting, and customer service.
The Operations Supervisor serves as an interface and coordinator among the DC and manufacturing operations, customer service (Hubbell Businesses), IT, Human Resources, and Transportation. The Operations Supervisor is accountable for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the facility and equipment
This is a weekend shift position -- Hours are Saturday + Sunday 6:00AM - 6:30PM + Monday 7:30AM - 8:00PM
Duties and Responsibilities
- OPERATIONS: Develop and direct shift operations to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the shift. Plan and schedule all services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, and if applicable assembly of finished goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner. Plan daily labor needs based on work volume and input from facility leadership. Make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations. Passion for continuous improvement with experience in change management. COMMUNICATIONS: Conduct daily shift meetings. Interact with the DC Manager, Director of Distribution, Assistant Distribution Center Manager and facility managers and supervisors to establish goals and objectives. Interact with Finance, Human Resources, Transportation and Information Systems, Department Managers, Supervisors and all employees.
- LABOR MANAGEMENT: Direct the operations of the shift personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. In collaboration with Human Resources, develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development. Apply sound communications and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching and disciplining subordinates. Experience in developing and managing highly productive teams and individuals.
- SAFETY: Ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property. Provide safety instructions to personnel as needed. Report all work-related injuries to Human Resources immediately. Provide immediate medical attention (Certified First Responders) to injured employees as necessary. Assure compliance with OSHA and MSDS regulations.
- HOUSEKEEPING: Manage programs to keep tools and equipment in designated areas; Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the facility; areas around the outside of the facility; store finished goods in neat straight rows inside painted perimeters and/or defined areas; supervise the cleaning of restrooms and break rooms; maintain strict rodent and pest control; assure compliance with appropriate government regulations.
- SHIPPING/RECEIVING: Assure that customer orders are picked and shipped in a timely fashion within prescribed cost levels and processed accurately according to Corporate guidelines in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for proper accountability. Develop and implement an effective receiving operation that minimizes cost and ensures receiving paperwork is processed accurately and promptly.
- REPORTING: Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding DC operations. Generate weekly efficiency/productivity reports, as well as other distribution reports as needed.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or logistics preferred, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or comparable job experience.
- A minimum of (5) years of distribution experience in warehousing, shipping and receiving processes, procedures and systems.
- Computer skills including: Intermediate skills in MS Excel such as creating graphs and charts. Intermediate skills in MS Word such as using tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar. Intermediate skills in MS Power Point.
- Ideal candidate will have two or more years of user experience in SAP
- Working knowledge of the distribution industry including industrial equipment operation, picking, packing, and receiving put-away methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Material handling experience required.
- Experience with Lean methodologies a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.