CNC Machine Operator- 1st shift
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for the set up, and function of all CNC lathes to ensure quality parts are provided to the customer.
CNC operators will have skills and qualifications related to the field of computers, machinery and product creation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and program CNC machines with setup sheets
- Create, run, edit, and/or improve existing programs
- set up machines and run initial programs
- Procure tooling necessary for jobs
- Calculate speeds and feeds according to the material
- Design and machine custom tooling and fixtures
- Perform first article inspection
- Validate machine programs and work instructions before machining to assure accuracy of operations
- Document actions by completing work order routings
- Work as a team player with others in a demanding fast-paced environment to meet frequently changing production
- Report problems to responsible management levels
- Meet established company production goals
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety policies and procedures
- Functional knowledge of FANUC and Mazak controlled CNC machines
- All other tasks as assigned by company.
Skills and Experience
- Strong math skills for inputting specific dimensions and figures into the CNC machinery
- Ability to analyze the information provided on blueprints or other explanatory documents to make sure the final product matches the draft
- Strong computer skills as CNC operators use computer software to control machinery
- Understanding of how the machine works to maintain the machinery for which they are responsible and ensure it functions properly
- Problem solving skills in order to detect issues in the creation process and find solutions to ensure the machinery creates the product provided in the draft
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.