Facility Technician - Cuba, MO
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrew's Way
Cuba, MO 65453
As a Facility Technician, you will assist in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structure and grounds of the facility in good repair. The position requires a hands-on problem solver, with high detail-orientation and strong housekeeping habits. Flexibility and the ability to work under close direction or independently, depending on the project, are essential. Excellent time and project management skills are vital to success, as the role requires the ability to manage multiple projects at a time. The Facilities Technician must be a strong communicator who can proactively communicate with internal and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for increased efficiency, cost savings, safety, security, and sustainability and then implement initiatives.
- Assists in maintaining HVAC controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
- Performs urgent, corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of minor problems with the electrical, mechanical, light carpentry or fabrication skills, and plumbing systems as required.
- Maintains facilities and equipment according to state, federal and local regulatory requirements (OSHPD, DHS, etc.)
- Assists in replacing, repairing, and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as required.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material).
- Complete Preventive Maintenance within scheduled intervals on a continuous basis to ensure the continued operation of the facility.Aid in ensuring the smooth operation of all systems and equipment on property, including HVAC and Refrigeration, potable water, septic, wastewater, and grounds.Knowledge of SDS and hazard communication.
Skills and Experience
- Associate degree or technical certification in equipment maintenance and repair preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in maintenance type role; industry experience and manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel and various mobile applications.
- Experience with maintenance recordkeeping or ticket system highly desirable.
- Requires the ability to work in all areas of facility, including outdoors in varying weather and terrain, the ability to frequently stand, walk, climb, crouch, work in confined spaces, and at heights of up to 50’ and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires full-time onsite presence, with the ability to modify the work days and hours as needed to support of special projects.
- Prior experience with the use of hand & power tools, operating forklift, and operating aerial work platforms.
- Safety-minded, with ability to work within OSHA guidelines including lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry, equipment operation, fall protection, proper use of PPE, and hazardous materials.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.