Quality Manager - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
8711 Wadsworth Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide support in the areas of quality, continuous improvement, and Quality Leadership for the Wadsworth MOV Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a site-wide, multi-product quality program, through both direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Ensures quality product for inbound raw materials, WIP, and outbound finished goods
- Develops and implements quality plans to ensure conformity of purchased material, manufactured parts, and final products to quality standards
- Assists with revising the quality manual to incorporate changes and enhancements
- Develops and maintains all quality systems such as SPC, gauge calibration, quality notifications, corrective actions, product performance inquiries, internal auditing, and first article inspection
- Meets with Customers, vendors, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required
- Develops and implements corrective actions for quality problems
- Prepares for and represents the Company in all internal and external audits
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel
Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in an Engineering Discipline required
- Quality Certifications: SSGB, SSBB, CQA, CQM, are a plus.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office Suite of tools (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Problem solving expertise. (8D, Root Cause Analysis, Risk, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Able to provide Hands-on leadership as required
- Must have the ability to assess & approve procedures, work instructions, and visual aids
- Ability to interpret product and component prints
- Basic working knowledge of QA related instrumentation and gages
- Lead Quality Management Reviews, Kaizen Events, Lean sessions, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 requirements
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.