Shipping & Receiving Supervisor - Aurora, IL
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor will oversee a small group of para-professional staff in the administration of customer requests, concerns, and/or complaints, as well as the coordination of inbound and outbound shipments. The qualified candidate will lead the team to resolve issues that arise to ensure customer retention and satisfaction; maintain direct contact with numerous departments and assist the onsite operations team on a day-to-day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of 2-3 direct reports while making hiring recommendations, planning, scheduling and assigning work; checking and approving work; instructing and training in work methods; conducting performance appraisals and making recommendations regarding disciplinary actions.
- Oversee change management training and implementation for department.
- Collaborate with finance teams related to the purchasing of supplies, yearly services, set up of new vendors, and purchase order discrepancies.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound shipping, with a variety of transportation companies and carriers via customer transportation portal(s).
- Work with other cross-functional teams, particularly distribution planners, concerning inbound discrepancies.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading, including compliance documentation.
- Responsible for processing, resolution, and expediting of orders.
- Process orders via WMS, determine stock location, and process delivery.
- Communicate special order processing requirements such as special shipping instructions, rush orders, etc.
- Respond to and manage a high volume of emails and other communication tools.
- Collaborate with all operations teams and facility leadership.
- Provide backup for Shipping & Receiving Coordinators when necessary for coverage.
Skills and Experience
- 4-5 years’ experience in warehouse shipping & receiving environment highly preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in leadership/supervisory role required.
- Attention to detail with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of SAP or BlueYonder system is a plus.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Must be computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project).
- A two-year college degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.