Large Assembler- HGUS
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
This position is a broad-based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
A Day In The Life
- Assemble & test units as per work instructions or customers specific requests
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from management, leads and customer requests.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide support and training to other employees in assigned work areas.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Basic High school education or General Education Diploma (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and the multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self-motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to use the tools required (gages, guns and pumps).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment, i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Ability to operate and overhead crane and forklift
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Stand and or sit on stool in one area for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Turn and assemble production parts with fingers and hands for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outs
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.