Engineering Technician - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Will be responsible for converting 2-D drawings to 3-D models, designing fixtures for efficient operation, programming, setup, and production verification of programs. This role is also responsible for continuous improvement in improving run time and moving items from manual to CNC machining centers. Capital project management is another key part of the role with responsibilities from concept through production release and support.
A Day In The Life
- Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understanding the time and equipment required, and interacting with technicians, designers and engineers to suggest design improvements for manufacturability/machinability
- Setup and operate CNC mills and lathes with a high degree of proficiency.
- Analyzes and evaluates current programs and setups for efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Prove-outs and make improves to current processes as well as processes that are unproven
- Collaborate with other Engineering personnel and other applicable departments to ensure the proper design collaboration and prototype implementation.
- Fixture design and setup, work holding design, toolpath programming for CNC milling machines, CNC machine operation, and other manufacturing operations.
- Provide production and maintenance support to ensure equipment reliability and utilization.
- Provide training as necessary to production and maintenance team.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years' with Inventor or SolidWorks 3-D modeling experience
- Experience with Programming, setting up, and running CNC Machines
- Proven experience Writing G-code
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.