Regional Director, Investor-Owned Utility (IOU) - Northeast Region
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The Regional Director will lead the implementation of the operational / sales strategies including collaboration with other Regional Investor-Owned Utility (IOU) leads and the larger HUS market resources to achieve annual sales volume goals. This role will serve to manage, grow, and improve the effectiveness of the IOU business, and drive future evolution in both customer and market segment growth. This position will report to the Regional VP. This role will be based within close proximity to the Northeast Regional Territory.
The Regional Director will be responsible for the development and growth of the IOU Market strategy within the Northeast region. This role will serve as a critical conduit of both internal and external coordination, execution, and communication.
- Internally this position is tasked with the responsibility of managing a team of direct reports, coordinating with Business Unit Leaders, Customer Service, Territory Managers, Executive Management, and the Pricing Group to deliver a unique solution to our IOU customers.
- Externally this position’s primary responsibility is building a strong commercial presence in the IOU segment, driving a preferred specification position, and managing the execution and strategy with our approved Channel partners.
A Day In The Life
- Provide strategic direction to the Northeast Region; establish direction and prioritize opportunities and product approvals within the IOU market. Evaluate regional business potential. Work with BU leaders and key stakeholders to develop end user product approaches and to increase HPS market share, knowledge, awareness, and ownership. Focus business development activity for IOU; develop regional orders and sales plans, forecast results, and update plans as necessary.
- Expand and improve our existing direct sales force. Collaborate with your RVP and the HUS region resources to develop and manage your direct reports, design positions and qualifications, lead hiring activity. Put in place enhanced performance measurement systems. Develop and implement training programs. Measure and manage sales force effectiveness, productivity, and volume growth.
- Evaluate the existing regional distributor and sales agent network. Collaborate with your RVP and Channel leadership to make additions and improvements to the network. Oversee adherence to Hubbell Inc. policies and processes. Lead effort to integrate this network into the sales force. Coordinate with business units to see that the network has enough technical support and training. Lead integration efforts between existing and new networks as we continue to expand by acquisition. Measure the results and adjust as necessary.
- Work with BU leaders, and sales personnel to develop region specific product strategies for high growth products. Strategies shall be designed to maximize sales and standard margins for IOU customers. Provide directions to collect and analyze market and competitor information and recommend prioritized product and introduction strategies. Act as the regional sounding board to review and propose changes and additions.
- Explore and integrate new ideas / strategies from outside our industry that we could integrate into our existing and future IOU management models. Provide insight and ideas to your RVP and the HUS region resources. Provide new and innovative branding and marketing aspects to the existing and future IOU teams. Participate in cross region IOU leadership teams to leverage best practices and consistency nationally.
- Work closely with internal shared services groups including the Pricing and Legal Groups to provide service contracts, competitive price reviews, and overall market analysis. Work closely with Customer Service organization to ensure professional, timely, accurate processing of pricing, KPI Reporting, order entry and shipment performance as directed by the customer contract and in-line with HPS policies.
- Work in conjunction with your RVP, Territory Managers, and Channel leadership to make regular executive level customer visits to reinforce awareness, accountability, and adherence to our partnership agreements.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Engineering / Business degree with MBA is preferred.
- 5-10 years of business leadership and account development experience.
- Must be a strong business leader with a sound vision for the future of the IOU market and growth opportunities.
- Needs to be an able communicator; and provide leadership to the sales, business unit, channel management as required and packager organization.
- The position requires extensive knowledge of the overall utility markets, distribution channels as required and end-user account development.
- The individual needs to be an advocate for overall growth, capable of managing customer sales activity, and be effective working with BU management/personnel, pricing group management/personnel, customer service management/personnel; along with distributor as required and Utility executives on a day-to-day basis.
- Above average presentation and analytical skills, strong written and oral English skills.
- Willing to travel extensively within your assigned accounts.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $135,000-$145,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.