Sr. Application Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Lake Forest, California, Leeds, Alabama, St. Louis, Missouri, Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
Our Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit (WMBU) provides wildlife mitigation solutions in the Power and Utilities industry across North America, through our Greenjacket and Reliaguard products. Our products ensure reliability of our power grid all while protecting wildlife. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Sr. Application Engineer within WMBU with a focus on our Reliaguard products. This position has the flexibility to work remote in the US or Canada and will be required to travel up to 50%.
A Day In The Life
The Senior Application Engineer will build our Reliaguard brand by providing exceptional support to our customers. They will act as a product expert to both internal and external customers and ensure the growth and expansion of the Reliaguard product line. Responsibilities will focus on driving specifications with customers, including ensuring accurate & proper equipment is specified, quoted, installed, commissioned and supported in the best interests of the customer and Hubbell. This requires clear communication of product and project opportunities and timely coordination with Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Sales team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer specifications and application information (drawings, photos, catalog information, ratings, etc.) to select appropriate product for quotations
- Provide product information (drawings, test reports, certifications, etc.) to customer service, field sales, and directly to customers when necessary
- Provide training and technical presentations covering Reliaguard selection and application for internal and external audiences as needed including channel partners
- Assist in preparation of marketing and technical documents
- Analyze market and customer data trends to help determine market pricing levels
- Conduct market studies including voice of customer for new and improved products, gain understanding of the competition and develop a strategy to grow share
- Manage product plan related activities to drive NPD and update of legacy products
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application of Reliaguard products
- Provide recommendations on product modifications based on market needs
- Assist with competitive benchmarking
- Participate on Technical Committees (IEEE, ANSI, APLIC, etc)
- Develop strong internal relationships with Hubbell Testing, Product Managers, and other Application Engineers. Work collaboratively to ensure we consider appropriate features in new product designs.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Knowledge of Power and Utilities industry and Wildlife Mitigation competitors
- 5+ years experience in Engineering and or Technical Sales
- Able to read/interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- Ability to prioritize incoming work from several sources and follow through to results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Office Suite, PowerPoint, and CAD software (SolidWorks ™ preferred)
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or related field) an asset
Ability to travel 50%
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.