Packaging Implementation Specialist
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Austin, Texas, Avon, Connecticut, Belmont, New Hampshire, Centralia, Missouri, Fenton, Missouri, Greenville, South Carolina, Leeds, Alabama, Lenoir City, Tennessee, Oklahoma City, Reading, South Bend, Indiana, St. Louis, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Oklahoma City, OK
Position of Packaging Implementation Specialist is responsible for identifying and reacting to packaging related issues at all Hubbell sites. This person will work closely with the Sourcing teams, local site Operations teams, and packaging suppliers to identify areas of improvement and implement packaging changes. Packaging Implementation Specialist must be very detailed, organized, and able to meet deadlines. The person in this position must work with many different groups and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Support and implement multi-year category plans for the assigned category, including demand aggregation, definition of buying channels, strategic relationship management, new supplier identification, and supplier risk management
- Maintains knowledge of current trends, supplier capabilities, innovation, and technology landscape
- Support opportunities to optimize spend, reduce costs, mitigate supply risks, improve services, bring innovation and assure supply
- Cross functional supplier selection activities and management of formal strategic sourcing and RFx processes
- Performs proposal analysis, including price analyses, benchmarking, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Implements negotiation strategy, including targets for process improvements, costs, and key commercial/business terms
- Working in conjunction with Platform/Plant Procurement, other Sourcing Managers, Engineering, Legal, Continuous Improvement, and other relevant cross-functional teams to improve Packaging Category performance
- Evaluates financial stability of suppliers and manages supplier risks as needed
- Participates in supplier business reviews
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and ensures procedures are adopted and followed
- Capability to read/interpret engineering drawings/spec sheets for dimensionality and material takeoffs
- Travel expected 20-50%
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Technical or Business field
- Strong leadership and effective business partnering capabilities
- Strong negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- 2+ years of procurement, contract negotiation, and/or sourcing experience
- Project management expertise with the ability to carry projects from planning through implementation
- Able to negotiate the best possible terms with strategic suppliers that have a far-reaching impact on our business
- SAP, Microsoft suite experience preferred
- TOPS/CAPE software experience ideal
- 2D/3D modeling software use familiarity
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Unified Business Solutions
Hubbell Unified Business Services (HUBS) provides corporate shared services to support all businesses across the enterprise. Functional areas include Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, IT, Human Resources, Payroll, Environmental Health & Safety, and Compliance. HUBS employees are located around the world.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.