SAP Systems Architect - IT Sales & Marketing
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
The SAP Systems Architect is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and support of SAP sales and marketing business functionality for Hubbell. Under the direction of the IT Director, Sales & Marketing, the SAP Systems Architect will focus on the identification, planning, managing, and implementation of new Sales and Marketing business processes and functionality.
A Day In The Life
- In this role collaboration will be required with individuals across domains and organizations levels to gain an understanding of business objectives, facilitate solutions, develop approaches, and define deliverables required to implement complex business processes and solutions.
- The Systems Architect will lead functional design on global enterprise projects providing SAP technical strategy, solution design and process transformation initiatives.
- SAP solution design will be led by the Systems Architect through taking the lead analyzing, proposing, designing, and implementing new functionality and solutions within the SAP landscape.
- The Systems Architect will guide and provide ultimate direction for projects while being responsible for solving highly complex problems while maintaining the highest level of influence on projects and stakeholders.
- New and innovative technologies within the SAP landscape will be evaluated by the Systems Architect and recommendations and business cases presented to leadership.
- Standards and governance in their area of functional expertise will be set and governed by the Systems Architect ensuring adherence across the entire SAP application landscape.
- The Systems Architect will be accountable for ensuring best practices and standards are adhered to across all SAP OTR teams.
- Develop, communicate, and deploy functional governance standards and best practices.
- Drive solution architecture and ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
- Design and provide solutions to fit the requirements of the project stakeholders, customers, and end users conforming to the standards established by the IT organization.
- Review and critique the solutions of others.
- Assess and direct IT project activities to ensure compliance with established IT and industry standards.
- Incorporate information about roadmaps and evolving standards from IT peer organizations (security, framework, infrastructure, etc.) into designs by actively soliciting advice from those organizations.
- Be accountable for maintaining high levels of solution design, change control, standardization, and reusability, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- Change management review and approvals throughout the change process.
- Providing mentoring and guidance on industry and SAP best practice and standards.
- Strong drive for standardization and reusability while providing support for standardization.
- End-user support and communication.
- Key contributor to design reviews and solution design.
- Solution concept design and estimation.
- Inter-team and intra-team communication.
- Commitment to knowledge sharing.
- Management of distinct project segments.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 10 years in IT with experience in multiple technology platforms is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on enterprise-wide platforms is required.
- Exceptional SAP QTC functional knowledge across SD/MM, pricing, ATP, CS, logistics, integration experience, basic EDI knowledge.
- Broader level of functional knowledge with Sales, Pre-Sales, Operations & Finance.
- Greater proven implementation experience on a wider range of projects with a greater scope in terms of technological and geographical span.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Unified Business Solutions
Hubbell Unified Business Services (HUBS) provides corporate shared services to support all businesses across the enterprise. Functional areas include Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, IT, Human Resources, Payroll, Environmental Health & Safety, and Compliance. HUBS employees are located around the world.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.