Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Progress Lighting is an industry-leader in residential lighting and ceiling fan products with a focus on whole-home solutions. Key market segments include home builders, lighting showrooms, retail home centers, ecommerce, and lighting specifiers.
This position will support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Accounting Department. The staff accountant will perform basic accounting functions such as ledger analysis, cost analysis, account reconciliation, and financial reporting primarily for Customer Sales Rebates &Incentives. They will provide assistance in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal systems and procedures, applying basic concepts, methods, and techniques. This is a full-time position that reports to the Business Unit Controller and will ensure adherence to Progress Lighting Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls.
A Day In The Life
- Process and pay customer and builder rebates and incentives according to contract.
- Track and accrue builder and customer rebates and incentives.
- Provide support to the sales team on builder and customer incentives.
- Perform month-end close routines including journal entry preparation, estimate and accrual of monthly costs.
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records; assists in budget and special financial reports development.
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Responsible for processing claim check requests and making sure backup documentation is received.
- Responsible for setting up new vendors in Agile Point - including gathering all required documents, reviewing documents to make sure they meet company requirements.
- Liaison between OHF and BU for Accounts Payable.
- Provide support for internal and external compliance audits.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Other special projects as necessary.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or equivalent experience, plus one year of related experience is required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to set up, maintain, balance, and reconcile all financial accounts and ledgers.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications, experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Must be skilled in use of Microsoft programs: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.