Product Specialist (Lineman Tools & Equipment)- Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
The CHANCE® brand originated with the 1907 founding of A. B. Chance Company. Originally a manufacturer of anchors, CHANCE purchased Tip Tools Co. in 1937, which would later become CHANCE® Lineman Grade Tools™. Over the course of nearly 120 years, CHANCE has delivered pole line hardware, switches, cutouts and fuse links in addition to anchors, foundations, hot line tools, fiberglass and rubber products. Acquired by Hubbell® in 1994, the CHANCE brand is proudly manufactured in Centralia, Missouri, Leeds, Alabama and Juarez, Mexico.
Work with Lineman Tools & Equipment Marketing team to support and implement all marketing efforts for assigned product lines. Includes: customer product support, customer presentations, new product development, product promotion, development of marketing materials, competitive and market analysis, report preparation and analysis.
A Day In The Life
- Provide technical product support to field sales, customer service, and customers.
- Work productively with field sales, customer service, and other departments within the company, as well as customers and vendors as necessary, to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
- Lead new product development projects by: researching and gathering intelligence on new product ideas, obtaining customer input and feedback, leading and/or participating in cross-functional product development teams, communicating new products internally and to the sales team.
- Develop and update marketing materials related to current and new products.
- Perform competitive and market analyses and recommend strategies to expand the product line, improve market position, improve quality, increase margin.
- Give promotional product presentations to sales team, channel partners and customers/users.
- Prepare and analyze sales and other reports.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or technical field.
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical technical products and markets is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills. Attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines is essential.
- Exposure to the electrical distribution/utility sales channel or B2B sales is a plus.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.