Automation COE Project Manager - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
The Automation COE Project Manager is a position that requires significant travel to various Hubbell sites to coordinate and collaborate with key resources to help achieve Hubbell’s automation expansion goals. The position is for an engineer with significant automation project manager (PM) experience. They will need to be able to organize information and resources, create presentations, and communicate throughout all levels of the organization. They will draw on their knowledge of automation and PM and use their interpersonal skills to organize and procure automation systems. They will use their exceptional organization skills to leverage both inside and outside resources to help the businesses identify feasible automation projects from “information overload” (aka create order out of chaos). Their role is to also help segments organize and manage their automation projects using the COE’s standard process for automation procurement. They will not have all the answers as to the best automation solutions, but rather they will help ascertain those answers by organizing a team of resources (inside or outside) to specify the solution(s). They will take part in automation assessments at the various Hubbell manufacturing sites. They will be a member of the Hubbell Automation Center of Excellence (COE) and responsible for helping Hubbell reach their automation expansion goals.
A Day In The Life
The Automation COE Project Manager will work with the segment (HES / HUS) leaders to help support the mission of the Automation COE. The mission is to PM, lead and guide Hubbell businesses to accelerate the development, procurement and execution of successful automation project throughout the segment. They will need to be able to find and use resources to help identify feasible solutions to various automation challenges. They must be able to help guide the businesses in the direction that will be more impactful and less risky.
- Key participant in automation audits at various Hubbell sites.
- Find and utilize resources to identify feasible solutions to automation challenges.
- Track various projects from concept through site acceptance.
- Key participant in helping HAS quote new automation projects
- Guild the businesses with best practices developed by the COE
- Help find and vet 3rd party automation vendors
- Be able to identity risky concepts and propose solutions to maximize impact and minimize risk.
- Able to find solutions (i.e. make order) out of complicated automation problems (i.e. chaos).
- Develop and review specifications for projects.
- Able to create and give presentations to Hubbell teams and executives.
- Mentor and develop Hubbell automation team members.
- Other responsibilities as required by Supervisor
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience with PM, and/or automation design and/or automation procurement
- Experience with a wide range of automation systems and automation components
- Strong communication skills to professionally interface with internal and external personnel
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and create a variety of types of mechanical prints and drawings
- Experience with managing technical employees
- Experience designing custom automation equipment.
- Ability to travel 50%
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Unified Business Solutions
Hubbell Unified Business Services (HUBS) provides corporate shared services to support all businesses across the enterprise. Functional areas include Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, IT, Human Resources, Payroll, Environmental Health & Safety, and Compliance. HUBS employees are located around the world.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.