QA Inspector B - 2nd Shift - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
The individual will be responsible for performing tests on products at various stages of production to ensure that customer specifications are being met and company quality standards are followed and is consistent with current ISO and safety requirements.
A Day In The Life
- Perform random in-process inspections to verify the specifications of the process are being maintained.
- Perform first piece inspection upon completion of setups.
- Report any discrepancies to the department supervisor.
- When necessary, coordinate rework of products.
- Assists with quality training to ensure all employees are educated on proper techniques to achieve quality requirements.
- Understand what happens if the sample part meets the prints specifications. Demonstrate what happens if they don’t meet the specs, who is notified and how.
- Know the options which are considered when making a disposition on nonconforming product, the importance of immediately notifying management and preventing the use of the product.
- Know the different functions of inspection including material identification, roving inspections of operations, receiving inspection, nonconformities.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required.
- Associate degree preferred, or High School Diploma/GED must be able to perform basic reading, writing Prior experience reading manual calipers.
- Employee should be familiar with current ISO requirements and with engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and written.
- Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.