Job Type: Not Specified
In addition to normal work assignments, water-spiders work with supervisors and group leaders to provide departmental support.
A Day In The Life
Roles and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supply production lines with all parts from supermarkets necessary to produce products.
- Support operators in the daily routine of building products by keeping all parts stocked and moving from one job to another.
- Responsibility for replenishing inventory levels of supermarket floor stock, and notifying group leader/supervisor of stock that is either low or out of stock.
- Responsible for replenishment of parts from warehouse stock.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the company and its goals.
- Good overall knowledge of the production floor and the products that are made.
- Assist with cardboard and skid removal and overall housekeeping.
- Assist group leader or supervisor in setting up jobs if necessary.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires good hand and eye coordination, finger dexterity, mobility
- Three or more years of previous assembly experience
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.