Marketing Internship - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Marketing Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing, business development, and public relation plans. Opportunities can vary from working in E-commerce, product/project management, Industrial Design, supporting a graphic design team or more.
Marketing Interns will typically support one or more experienced marketing teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and/or Sales department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
A Day In The Life
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Student must be 18 years of age by the start of the summer internship assignment
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing (e.g. Marketing, Business, Business Administration, Sales, International Business, or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.