Assembler - South Bend, IN
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Assembler or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
A Day In The Life
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, manufacturing drawings, bills of material or other written instructions or procedures.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specifications and/or customer changes
- Utilize hand tools such as a hand held screw driver and drill guns
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and report it
- Operate functional area equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping standards as required
- Maintain accurate and timely data
- Report any safety problems, hazards, accidents and near misses to management
- Properly use safety equipment, including machine guarding, interlocks and safety curtains are working properly or report it
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve simple quality product issues
- Meet standards and tolerances
- Other job tasks as assigned by Supervisor
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together accurately
- Understanding MSDS and handling of hazardous materials
- Work alone or in a team environment
- Regular good attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop or bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of time
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.