Maintenance Technical Scholar - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
- To provide appropriate technical training, area industries and the College collaborate in the on-going development, implementation, and evaluation of Technical Scholars sponsorship requirements.
- To incorporate essential knowledge, skills, and experiences into a coordinated sequence of academic courses and on-the-job training.
- To select students with the potential to complete a rigorous academic and experiential curriculum which will prepare them for success in highly technical careers.
- To provide alternative educational experiences for academically qualified individuals entering technical careers.
- To enable any deserving student to obtain an associate degree in selected technical fields regardless of the student's financial status by providing scholarships and paid cooperative work experiences.
- To provide an opportunity for graduates to secure rewarding careers with outstanding area industries.
- To develop (and provide) qualified individuals for area industries through an on-going, proven process of selecting, training, and promoting high-quality technicians.
- Technical scholars are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be a full-time student.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with maintenance department peers in order to learn hands on industrial maintenance functions.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn in order to build a strong foundation for a technical career.
- Provide alternative educational experiences for academically qualified individuals entering technical careers.
- Be accountable and responsible for your own actions and behaviors.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently, as directed.
- Ability to display positivity and show initiative when working on projects.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work with basic hand tools
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Hands on
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.