Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is seeking an experienced Meter Installer Lead to ensure the Meter Installers safely and efficiently replace electric, water, or gas meters on residential or commercial property.
A Day In The Life
- Train/re-train installers in proper safety and installation processes.
- Evaluate installer performance and ensure required productivity is achieved.
- Achieve standards of safety, productivity, and quality of work.
- Mentor installers to improve employee turnover and morale.
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and document the installations in writing and with handheld device.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1-year meter installation or utility experience.
- Dependable, detail oriented, and good verbal skills.
- Ability to use assigned tools properly and work within safety guidelines.
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers while upholding Aclara - SGS customer standards.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.