Brake/Roll Operator #1 - Mayville, WI
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
To operate and set-up and tear down a variety of press brakes to perform forming operations on all types of material. Must be able to set up and operate automatic back gauges and forming rolls with minimal training.
A Day In The Life
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and perform first piece inspection and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality.
- Responsible for taking care of routine maintenance and keep the work area clean and neat.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper machine guarding.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Possess and be able to use machinist squares, dial calipers, protractors and other inspection equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all the required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing and bending, as well as lifting, pushing and pulling up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.