Sr. Associate Product Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Support designated product line in the areas of product development, product line maintenance, production release, production support, and product applications. This position will require working with a variety business departments including: Marketing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, New Product Engineering, Customer Service, Field Sales and Management.
A Day In The Life
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests, testing and interfacing with various departments including operations, manufacturing engineering, sourcing, new product development & quality departments)
- Engineering designs and analysis with an 80% emphasis in Mechanical Engineering & 20% in Electrical Engineering. Focus will be in the area of High Voltage Transmission Line hardware and assemblies.
- Review of customer specifications and requirements for project needs and provide solutions with existing product offering combinations. For instances where existing product offerings do not exist, part modifications or new products will need to be developed.
- Participate in or lead lean initiatives related to product line development, support, and maintenance.
- Interface closely with Marketing Team members to develop the technical documents necessary for bidding packages. Required information will include drawings, costs, test reports and any other documents needed.
- Maintain and create AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor 2-D and 3-D files needed for Marketing or Manufacturing needs.
- Perform or oversee mechanical and electrical testing required for product development and maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Field Sales and Customers in the areas of product performance, applications, and maintenance.
- Assist in product training activities that may involve internal staffing or customer training events.
- Very limited travel requirements involving off-site testing of products, Marketing support, field review of product applications or training activities
What will help you thrive in this role?
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- AutoDesk Inventor 2D/3D knowledge and Microsoft Office proficiencies.
- 2+ years' experience helpful
- Prior experience in the Electric Utility market preferred but not required
- Ability to travel on business related trips (limited travel needs)
- Ability to walk around the manufacturing shop floor and lift 50 pounds as needed (part inspection, part fit check, product testing, etc.)
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.