Public Power Regional Director - Southeast Region
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The Regional Director - Public Power Market Strategy is responsible for developing and growing the Public Power Market strategy within an assigned region. This role plays a critical role in coordinating internal and external efforts, ensuring effective execution and communication. Internally, the Regional Director manages a team of direct reports and collaborates with various stakeholders such as Business Unit Leaders, Customer Service, Territory Managers, Executive Management, and the Pricing Group. The goal is to deliver unique solutions to our Public Power customers. Externally, the primary responsibility is to build a strong commercial presence in the Public Power segment, drive a preferred specification position, and manage the execution and strategy with approved Channel partners.
The Regional Director leads the implementation of operational and sales strategies, working closely with other Regional Public Power leads and larger market resources. The objective is to achieve annual sales volume goals and drive growth, effectiveness, and future evolution in the Public Power business. Reporting to the Region RVP, this role is instrumental in managing, growing, and improving the effectiveness of the Public Power business, while also driving customer and market segment growth.
A Day In The Life
- Provide strategic direction to the Southeast Region; establish direction and prioritize opportunities and product approvals within the Public Power market. Evaluate regional business potential. Work with BU leaders and key stakeholders to develop end user product approaches and to increase HPS market share, knowledge, awareness, and ownership. Focus business development activity for Public Power; develop regional orders and sales plans, forecast results, and update plans as necessary.
- Expand and improve our existing direct sales force. Collaborate with your RVP and the HUS resources to develop and manage your direct reports, design positions and qualifications, lead hiring activity. Put in place enhanced performance measurement systems. Collaborate with the HUS Commercial Excellence/Sales Operations team to provide requirements for the development and implementation of training programs. Measure and manage sales force effectiveness, productivity, and volume growth.
- Evaluate the existing regional distributor and sales agent network. Collaborate with your RVP and the Channel leadership to make additions and improvements to the network.
- Coordinate with business units and HUS Commercial Excellence/Sales Operations to see that the network has enough technical support and training. Increasing the utilization and implementation of Salesforce in enhance pipeline development and contact management.
- Work with BU leaders, and sales personnel to develop region specific product strategies for high growth products. Strategies shall be designed to maximize sales and standard margins for Public Power customers. Provide directions to collect and analyze market and competitor information and recommend prioritized product and introduction strategies. Act as the regional sounding board to review and propose changes and additions.
- Explore and integrate new ideas / strategies from outside our industry that we could integrate into our existing and future Public Power management models. Provide insight and ideas to your RVP and the HUS region resources. Provide new and innovative branding and marketing aspects to the existing and future Public Power teams. Participate in cross region Public Power leadership teams to leverage best practices and consistency nationally.
- Work closely with internal shared services groups including the Pricing and Legal Groups to provide service contracts, competitive price reviews, and overall market analysis. Work closely with Customer Service organization to ensure professional, timely, accurate processing of pricing, KPI Reporting, order entry and shipment performance as directed by the customer contract and in-line with HPS policies.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Engineering / Business degree with MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of business leadership and account development experience.
- Must be a strong business leader with a sound vision for the future of the Public Power Utility market and growth opportunities.
- Needs to be an able communicator; and provide leadership to the sales, business unit, channel management and packager organization.
- The position requires extensive knowledge of the overall utility markets, distribution channels and end-user account development.
- The individual needs to be an advocate for overall growth, capable of managing customer sales activity, and be effective working with BU management/personnel, pricing group management/personnel, customer service management/personnel; along with distributor and Utility executives on a day-to-day basis.
- Above average presentation and analytical skills, strong written and oral English skills.
- Willing to travel extensively within your assigned region.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.