Production Supervisor - Weekend Shift (Broken Arrow, OK)
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Production Supervisor to our winning team!
We are looking for hands-on individuals with a focus on leadership responsibility, problem-solving, continuous improvement, collaboration and teamwork, a fast-paced environment, and career growth! The work hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to oversee the weekend production 12-hour shift.
A Day In The Life
- Actively work towards making the shift a strong performing team.
- Coach, lead, and develop hourly associates.
- Supervise and develop direct supporting staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and disciplinary action (when needed) following company policy.
- Coordinate and maintain inventory transactions following acceptable company policies.
- Maintain acceptable safety, quality and productivity levels throughout the facility.
- Lead the manufacturing team to assure that needs of internal and external customers are met.
- Responsible for continuous improvement within the manufacturing department.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Ensures compliance of all OSHA standards in the workplace.
- Resolve employee conflicts and work with Human Resources and other Management to initiate appropriate action.
- Monitor performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management or related discipline is preferred.
- 3 to 5+ years production supervisory experience with exposure to metal forming, machining, tool making and/or equivalent disciplines.
- Must understand hour by hour tool or comparable hourly metric.
- Must have standard work knowledge and experience.
- Must have a solid understanding and demonstrated implementation of Lean Principles: Identification of Waste and its subsequent elimination, Pull Systems, KanBan and Replenishment Systems, TPM, 5S/Workplace Organization, Visual Management, SMED, Standard Work, Flow Concepts and Level Load scheduling.
- Proven track record of implementing and sustaining change in a manufacturing/machining environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.