Territory Manager - Chicago / Northern Illinois
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, Elgin, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
This position manages the HUS Electric Utility business through end user accounts & authorized channel partners for the Chicago and Northern IL Area marketplace. The Territory Manager is responsible for knowledge of the HUS Products, planning & tracking the opportunities within the area, and growing the HPS relationship/position with all Public Power Accounts and Channel Partners in this area.
A Day In The Life
- Development of functional knowledge of the position by understanding the drivers of the HPS organization, BU’s and products, and management of relationships within all levels of the customer base
- Meet/exceed overall sales quota while driving Hubbell Power Systems market share growth
- Effectively manage key distributor and end user relationship
- Assist Regional VP sales in territory planning/forecasting and the development of a strategic growth strategy
- Manage key end user accounts through consistent exposure for HPS and an understanding of the key drivers to their business and spending
- Maximize product approvals for all product lines
- Develop and execute a short-term and long-term plans for overall market share growth
- Analyze market to identify new business opportunities
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Engineering / Business degree preferred.
- Above average presentation skills
- Strong written and oral English skills and 5-10 years of utility industry experience.
- Strength in effective communication by projecting self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm, and the ability to make continuous use of technology to improve sales performance
- Strength in prioritization of tasks in order to devote the appropriate time to strategic areas of importance.
- Must be a strong manager with a vision for the future of the territory and growth, capable of managing regular sales activity, and be effective working with internal departments (BU management/personnel, pricing group management/personnel, customer service management/personnel) to drive results.
- Must be willing and able to travel in the Northern Illinois and Chicago area.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.